UNICEF is a United Nations foundations that offers assistance to children and as well the youths. One of these their projects is the UNICEF Scholarship 2022.
This is a student-aid program that focuses on assisting need-based students to fund their education.
If you’re interested in this grant, we can ascertain that the application process for the UNICEF/SPIC University Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate Students will be covered in this article. Other important information like the eligibility and requirements and as well the documents will be featured in this write-up.
The United Nations Children Fund collaborates with its Joint Venture partner, the Special Petroleum Intervention Corporation (SPIC) in awarding this Scholarship.
The duo is awarding a number of UNICEF Scholarship Awards to appropriately qualified full-time undergraduate students in Nigerian universities studying a variety of fields.
Courses that are eligible and the criteria that must be met. The courses include: Agriculture, Arts and Humanities, Basic medical Science, Education, Engineering, Information and communication Technology, Law, Management Science, Medicine, Pharmacy, Sciences, Social Science, and Veterinary Medicine.
Full-time first and second year (100 and 200 level) degree students of the following departments at Nigerian universities are welcome to apply.
Also, it is important to note that Second year students must have at least a 2.25 GPA in their first year before being eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply for UNICEF Scholarship in Nigeria 2022
Here are step-by-step processes on how to apply for the 2022 United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Scholarship in Nigeria:
1. The first thing is to make sure you have clear copies of the following documents before you begin this application:
- Photograph for a passport with a white or red background.
- National Identity or a school ID card
- Admission letter / Birth certificate
- The outcome of the O’ Levels (s)
- The result of the JAMB examination.
2. The following thing is to ensure the documents are named appropriately and scanned to the email address: [email protected] to avoid document mixing during upload.
UNICEF Internship Program 2022
Students and recent graduates can participate in the UNICEF Internship Program to obtain hands-on experience with UNICEF’s activities. Internships are offered all over the world including Nigeria.
- Chevron Scholarship 2022/2023 Program Application Portal
- Amazon Student Scholarship 2022-2023 Program Portal
- FIFA Scholarship 2022-2023 Program Application Portal
How to Apply for an Internship with UNICEF
You must meet the following conditions to be considered for an internship:
- Be enrolled in a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral program, or have completed one within the last two years.
- Be able to communicate in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages, which include English, French, and Spanish. It’s also possible that fluency in the office’s working language will be required.
- Applicants should have outstanding academic performance.
- Have no family relations who work for UNICEF (e.g., mother, father, sister, brother).
- There should be no other relatives in your reporting chain of command.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- Any professional experience related to the position you’re applying for will be given extra weight.
However, all of UNICEF interns are eligible for a stipend from UNICEF or a partner organization to help with living expenses. When funds are available, a one-time lump sum may be given as a donation for travel and visa charges.
Note that when the organization needs an intern to help with their team, they post the position on our website, and all eligible individuals can apply.
Current job openings can be found on their vacancies page.
UNICEF, alternatively known as the United Nations Children’s Fund, is a United Nations agency that provides humanitarian and developmental assistance to children around the world.
With a presence in 192 countries and territories, the agency is one of the most well-known and most popular social welfare organizations in the world.
The Education Work of UNICEF
The motto of United Nations Children’s Fund is that ’Regardless of who they are, where they live, or how much money their family has, all children have the right to attend school and study.’
The organization understands that a safe, welcoming setting, experienced and motivated teachers, and education in languages that children can understand are all necessary for quality learning. It also necessitates the tracking and feeding back of learning results into training.
UNICEF aims to provide learning opportunities that equip children and adolescents with the knowledge and skills they need to flourish in 147 countries across the world, with Nigeria not exclusive.
The United Nations Agency’s main roles includes:
- Access: Gender-equitable access to quality education from early childhood to adolescence, particularly for children with disabilities, marginalized children, and those living in humanitarian and emergency contexts, is a key area of UNICEF education work.
- Learning and skills: Strong education systems and innovative solutions produce high-quality learning results and skill development.
- Improved learning and protection for children in emergencies and on the move in emergencies and fragile environments is also one of the main focus of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
The Educational views that the educational crisis has made some things known: business as usual does not improve learning outcomes.
UNICEF’s worldwide education plan is based on a new, more radical approach that focuses on boosting learning, which has been long overdue.
UNICEF will continue to promote equity and inclusion in order to create a world where every child can learn.
This involves making special efforts for children who are marginalized because of their gender, disability, poverty, ethnicity, or language, as well as those who are displaced or affected by disasters.
All of these things about the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) makes them to come up with a scholarship program for children and the youths. Their student-aid programs also covers students in higher institutions, secondary schools, and some primary school levels.
That’s the size of this article on how to apply for UNICEF Scholarship 2022 in Nigeria. We believe you now know how to successfully get this student-aid grant in the country.