Can you get financial suport for being a war orphan or a child of an Ohio war veteran? Have you heard about the Ohio war orphans scholarship?
In this article we will expplain everything you need to know about the Ohio scholarship program for war orphans for 2022-2023 academic session, the eligibility requirements, closing date and application process.
I can feel how anxious you are to apply for this scholarship. This scholarship is only for undergraduate study and Ohio war orphans. If you don’t meet the requirements, there hundreds of other scholarships for war orphans in 2022.
Let’s get right into it.
What is the Ohio War Orphans Scholarship?
The Ohio war scholarship is a program established to support children of deceased or severely disabled Ohio veterans who served in the armed forces during the war.
The Ohio Department of Higher Education created this program to encourage and offer assistance to the Ohio war orphans who are eligible. This state grant has been helping lives ever since it came into existence.
Every year, lots of students apply and those who are eligible are awarded the scholarship for their undergraduate education in Ohio. The scholarship application for the 2021-2022 academic session has closed, why not take your chance and apply for the 2022-2023 session?
|Deadline:||May 15, 2022|
|Duration Of Scholarship:||5 years|
|No. Of Scholarships Available:||Will be determined by the board|
Ohio War Orphans Scholarship Requirements 2022
Who is eligible to apply for the Ohio war orphan scholarship program in 2022? Find out below;
- You must be at least 16 years old and not older than 24 years at the time of application.
- You must be in financial need as determined by the board.
- You must be an Ohio resident and enrolled for full-time undergraduate study and pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree at an eligible Ohio college or university.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or more which you must maintain.
- At the time of application, if a child of a veteran who entered the armed services: (a) As a legal resident of Ohio, have resided in the state for the last preceding year; (b) Not as a legal resident of Ohio, have resided in the state for the year preceding the year in which application for the scholarship is made and any other four of the last ten years;
- Eligible institutions are Ohio state-assisted colleges and universities, Ohio private non-profit institutions which have received a certificate of authorization from the Chancellor pursuant to Chapter 1713 of the Ohio Revised Code and Ohio proprietary institutions which have received a certificate of registration from the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools.
- Students who attend an institution that holds a certificate of registration must be enrolled in an associate or bachelor’s degree program which has been authorized under Section 3332.05 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- The “veteran” parent as described under DEFINITIONS must be deceased or disabled at the time application is made, or considered MIA or POW. If the “veteran” parent served only in the Ohio National Guard or organized reserves, the “veteran” parent must have been killed or permanently and totally disabled while at a scheduled training assembly, or a field training period of any duration or length, or active duty for training pursuit to bona fide orders issued by a competent authority.
- The “veteran” parent must have entered the armed services of the United States as a resident of Ohio. Refer to Section 2 under Applicant Requirements for exceptions to this provision.
- If disabled, but not as a member of the Ohio National Guard or organized reserves, the “veteran” parent must have a sixty percent or greater service-connected disability or must be receiving Veteran’s Administration benefits for permanent and total non-service connected disability as determined by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Scholarships for students with blue eyes
- FIFA research scholarship program 2022
- Amazon student scholarship 2022-23
- Scholarships for people with red hair
- Chevron scholarship progarm application
- Scholarships For Grandchildren Of Korean War Veterans
How To Apply For The Ohio War Orphans Scholarship 2022
Did you meet the requirements listed above? If you are eligible, follow the steps below to apply for the Ohio war orphans scholarship.
- Go to the official scholarship page
- Download the application form and the student acknowledgement form.
- The application forms can also be gotten from the Ohio Department of Higher Education, State Grants and Scholarships Department, high school guidance offices, veterans service offices, and college Financial Aid Offices.
- The application is divide into two parts, one is to be filled by you & the other part is to be filled by your parent or guardian.
- Fill out the application form and make sure the information is accurate and complete.
- You & your guardian or parent must sign the application.
- You are expected to submit four forms for the application: A COMPLETED application, VA Award Letter, DD214, and Student Acknowledgement Statement.
- The Veteran Award Letter needs to indicate an Overall Combined Rating or Overall Service Connection of 60% or more. The entire packet of each disability rating is not needed; only the overall service connection percentage is needed.
- The DD214’s service dates must coincide with the dates listed in ORC 5910, which are also listed on the back of the application under definitions, section 2. Service time during 05/06/1975 to 08/01/1990 do not qualify unless you have received the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal.
- Residency Section must be completed in its entirety. If a veteran’s DD214 shows a place of entry and home record “outside” of the state of Ohio, the student will need FIVE years of Ohio residency. The five years is a total of one year prior to completion of the application and four out of any 10 years in the state of Ohio. Therefore, a minimum of five years.
- Submit the application by sending it by mail or fax, don’t email teh application, due to sensitive information. The mailing address and fax number are located in the top right-hand corner of the application.
- If you are not eligibe for the Ohio war orphans scholarship, your application won’t be considered.
- Applicants are advised to check their application status via email 1-2 weeks after they applied for the scholarship.
How Can The Benefits Be Used?
It can only be used for the tuition fees and general fees.
Any other miscellanous fees like accommodation or feeding will be paid by you.
I think the scholarship board are really trying their best and the value is even good for most students since schools in Ohio are not really expensive.
If you are an Ohio war orphan, then you need to hop on this opportunity before it closes. I wish you good luck!
Share this article with your friends and don’t forget to subscribe for more scholarship updates.