Ogun State scholarship is a monetary aid program that’s designed for indigene of Ogun. In Nigeria, the state has the highest number of production and manufacturing industries.
It is also home to notable scholars and high reputable political players. This good heritage and many more are driven by the city’s educational sector which is fairly standard in terms of research, quality of learning, facilities/infrastructures, and so on.
Hence, the municipality is rated among the best study destinations in Nigeria. Also, primary and secondary schools are free in the state but the universities are not free.
Nevertheless, the city has a financial aid program called Ogun State Scholarship which is designed to help sponsor intelligent and underprivileged students.
This program is a long-standing initiative and over hundreds of students have benefited from it. Read on to discover more information about the financial aid program.
Education in Ogun State
Ogun State is home to eight Public universities which is uniformly spread across the city. The city also houses five private universities and its degree-awarding institutions are as follows: Babcock University, Bells University of Technology, Chrisland University, Christopher University, Covenant University, Crawford University, Crescent University, Federal University of Agriculture, McPherson University, Mountain Top University, National Open University of Nigeria, Olabisi Onabanjo University, and Tai Solarin University of Education.
More so, the state has two Polytechnic and one college and they are: Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, and Ogun State College of Health Technology and a host of several primary and secondary schools.
Furthermore, the city has a growing population of 3.8 million people with a literacy rate of 62. 8%. This statistics is fairly high and coupled with the growing demand for skilled workers in the city.
The state government of Ogun and the FG of Nigeria has worked together to device means to encourage the youths to gain the necessary intensive knowledge inorder to fill the gaps.
The Ogun state government scholarship is one of such means; and it comes with nice perks.
Ogun State Scholarship Requirements
The Ogun State scholarship is designed for brilliant students with good academic CV. More than that, this financial aid program mostly targets the underprivileged students in the state to help them in their career growth. However, the scholarship beneficiaries are expected to serve the state and the country at large upon completion of their studies.
Here are the required educational criteria for the financial aid program:
- Candidates must be an indigene of Ogun State either by birth or naturalisation;
- Candidates must be a scholar of a government-recognized educational establishment in Nigeria;
- O-level Candidates should possess a good academic record;
- Undergraduate candidates should enrolled on full-time study mode and must be studying any art or science related courses;
- Undergraduate Candidates must have or maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 and this must be verified by their statement of results;
- Prospective undergraduates candidates should score five credits in their ordinary or advanced level certificates in one sitting. The subjects must include English language, mathematics and three related science or art study fields. Also, they should present their admission letter to the Ogun State Government on getting admission to study in their chosen university
- Prospective O-level or A-level candidate must have the First School Living Certificate (FSLC);
- Candidates must have their Certificate of Origin.
How to Apply for Ogun State Scholarship 2021
- Interested candidates who met the necessary academic and background criteria should head over to the Ogun State scholarship portal (ogunstate.gov.ng)
- Applicants should click on the “apply now” button.
- After then, they should submit the necessary data which include full name starting from surname before other-names, valid contact number, and E-mail
- Candidates are required to submit the institution’s/JAMB admission letter for verification of Study Program, year of admission, and course duration.
- The submitted documents should be scanned and verified before submission
Local Government Eligibility
This financial aid program is a local government (LG-based) initiative. As with other Scholarships, this aid monetary initiative is not available for everyone but some selected candidates who meets its criteria on Local Government Area of origin.
So, applying candidates are advised to check their status and confirm if they are from any of the following Local Government Areas which are Abeokuta North, Abeokuta South, Ado-Odo/Ota, Ewekoro, Ifo, Ijebu East, Ijebu North, Ijebu North East, Ijebu Ode, Ikenne, Imeko Afon, Ipokia, Obafemi Owode, Odogbolu, Odeda, Ogun Waterside, Remo North, Sagamu, Yewa North, and Yewa South.
This is because prospective applicants must originate from any of these LGAs to be eligible for the scholarship.
Application Form Fees
Right from its inception till date, the Ogun State government does not charge any money for its scholarship program application.
Interested candidates are advised to pick up the application form from its designated location; duely fill then submit it afterwards.
There is no application charges attached to the process so candidates are advised to thread carefully to avoid falling a scam victim.
The form is available for free of access at http://ogunstate.gov.ng and interested candidates who meet the scholarship requirements are welcomed to apply.
Eligible Courses For Ogun State Indigene Scholarship
The Ogun State scholarship is available for a range of study programs including the following;
- Arabic Studies
- Creative Arts
- Drama & performing arts
- Literature in English
- Artificial Intelligence
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Data Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Medicine & surgery
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Physical therapy
- Public health
- Veterinary medicine
- Wildlife management
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
- Computer science
- Earth Sciences
- Math and stats
- Soil Sciences
- Guidance and Counselling
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Agricultural science and Education
- Arts and Social Science Education
- Education and Christian Religious Studies
- Education and Arabic
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and CRE
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and Geography
- Education and History:
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Maths
- Education and Physics
- Education and Social Studies
- Primary Education Studies
- Science and Technology Education
- Teacher Education Science
The rising cost of living, wide gap between the rich and poor, and low salary has affected the educational trends in Ogun State.
These factors has played a role in one way or the order in the increasing case of school dropouts in the city which is regarded among the best destinations in Nigeria.
The Ogun State Scholarship is a program that is aimed at supporting the indigenous scholars and currently over hundreds of learners has profited from this financial aid package. This post contains important information on the scholarship eligibility criteria and application procedures.
- Honorsociety org Undergraduate Achiever Scholarship 2022 - October 21, 2021
- Ohio War Orphans Scholarship 2022-2023 Application Portal - October 19, 2021
- Chevron Scholarship 2022/2023 Program Application Portal - October 18, 2021