Here is a question where we are asked to make a the subject of the formula V=u+at.
“This question is derived from the first equation of motion V=u+at”.
If you are not familiar with the topic subject of the formula, this question will serve as an example for you.
This question might also be given this way.
Rearrange v=u+at to make a the subject
We won’t cover everything that deals with the main topic but this question will be treated perfectly.
Make a The Subject Of The Formula V=u+at
Let me given you this hint. Whenever you are dealing with fractions, the first thing you do is to find the the LCM.
If the question given has either plus (+) or minus (-) add the values or substract them if they are like terms. In case there is an equal sign, collect like terms and Chang the sign I front of the number or variable.
Take for instance we are to make u the subject of the formula in this question
All you need to do is move the “at” to the other side. While moving this make sure you change the sign i.e from plus(+) to minus (-). So we now have v-at=u
If two alphabets or one alphabet and number are together are sticked together always apply division. E.g 2s=10 make s the subject of the formula. What you have to do here is to divide both side with the co-efficient of s which I 2.
2s/2 = 10/2
The full guide on the subject of the formula will be dropped soon
Back to our Make a the subject of the formula v=u+at
- Step 1: move u to the other side. v-u=at
- Step 2: Divide both side by the co-efficient of a. v-u/t =at/t
- Finally we arrive at a=v-u/t
You can also try to solve these questions on the change of subject of the formula below.
1. Make h the subject of the formula
2. Make n the subject of the formula
Kindly drop your answer in the comment box below.
- 5 Reasons Why Students Score Low in JAMB Exam  - January 14, 2021
- JAMB CAPS 2021/2022 – Check & Accept or Reject Admission - January 10, 2021
- FUTA Admission List 2021/2022 For All Batches - January 8, 2021