So you have probably heard of the lagos state scholarship 2021/2022 for undergraduate and postgraduate lagosians but you don’t know much about it and how to apply. This is actually my first article on this blog and i will try my best to make it easier to understand.
So what’s up with this scholarship for lagos state students? This post is going to explain every possible thing you need to know about this scholarship board established by the government.
First of all you need to know that the scholarship board for lagos state government was founded in the year 1968 [i am pretty sure you were not on earth by that time]. The board is in charge of scholarship, bursary and other educational related matters.
Lagos State Scholarship Requirements 2021
Below are the specified things you must meet before you can apply for the scholarship
- You must been fully admitted into a Tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Through paternity you must be a bonafide indigene of Lagos State.
- Prospective applicants are expected to have a minimum cgpa of 3.5 and above for undergraduate and 2.1 and above for postgraduate.
- Must purchase a Scholarship application form (Payment of Two Thousand (N2,000.00) only for Local Scholarship) through the Office of Special Adviser on Education, Alausa, the Secretariat, Ikeja.
- Must attend written and oral test organised by the Board.
- Must present the following documents to ascertain the genuineness of their claims:
- Admission Letters.
- School Identity Cards.
- Letters from Oba & Letter from Local Government.
- All other relevant documents.
- If successful must purchase a brochure at the cost of N2,000.00 (Two thousand naira).
- Further screening at the Board to ensure that all required documents have been provided by the successful applicants and files opened for them.
- Award letters are issued by the Board Secretary for successful awardees.
- Files are sent to the Account Section for the processing of payment
- Account sections scrutinize each file to ensure genuineness of documents attached.
- Names of successful applicants are sent to the bank for the production of ATM Cards for Local Scholarship.
- Applicants sign all necessary documents in the Accounts section and collect their ATM Cards for their award.
How Much Is The Scholarship Form?
The application form costs two thousand naira only for local scholarship and you are going to buy a brochure which also costs two thousand naira if successful.
How To Apply For Lagos State Scholarship 2021/22
The application process for this scholarship is very easy, follow the steps below.
- Visit the board website for scholarship and bursary application forms at [https://lagosscholarship.org/apply-now/]
- Scroll down, you will see an apply for scholarship heading, just right below it is a black button.
- Click on the apply now button.
- You are going to be redirected to scholastica.ng where you can complete your application form online.
- That’s all you need to know about applying, i guess you are surprised it is very easy.
Other Things You Need To Know Before Applying
The scholarship rates currently for undergraduate and postgraduate are:
- 200,000 Naira For Poly/Colleges of Education
- 200,000 Naira For First Degree
- 300,000 Naira For Master’s Degree
- 400,000 Naira For Doctorate Degree
LAGOS STATE COLLEGE OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY
The State Government approved payment of tuition fees to Lagos State indigenes in Lagos State College of Health Technology, Harvey Road, Yaba. New students are paid 70,000 and subsequent payment is N30, 000 per session.
SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
The Governor has approved scholarship awards for athletes that won medals for the State during the Last National Sports Festival held in Lagos State. This will be a continuous process.
Similarly, scholarship award is given to the One-Day Governor who is the winner of the Spelling Bee completion.
FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP/SPONSORSHIP AWARD
Foreign Scholarship/Sponsorship Award was reintroduced in 2005 due to the growing number of interested applicants who secured admission to study abroad but were having financial constraints. Quite a large number of indigenes and non-indigenes have benefitted from the scheme.
However, the Lagos State Executive Council in February 2009 suspended the award of Foreign Scholarship due to global economic meltdown. Presently, the State only services the payment of beneficiaries that are already on that scheme. However, there is a plan to re-introduce it.
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT’S RELATED SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The Board collects and distributes Scholarship award forms to State indigenes on behalf of the Federal Government. Such forms include Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Commonwealth Scholarship. The Board is also represented at some of the award interviews.
The Board collaborates with a consortium of five Oil Companies to award Agbami Medical and Engineering Professionals Scholarship to Lagos State indigenes. The five groups of companies that constitute the AGBAMI SCHOLARSHIP AWARD include: STAR DEEPWATER PETROLEUM LIMITED which is a consortium of Chevron, Famfa Oil, Statoil, Petro Bras and Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Caleb University has shown interest in partnering with the State in award of scholarship.
That’s all for now, if you have any questions about it kindly leave a comment below.
- Why JAMB Was Not Conducted in 1996 [Explained] - March 2, 2021
- JAMB 2021/2022 Registration Form Date, Fees & Process - February 26, 2021
- UniAbuja Post UTME 2021/2022 Form Date & Cut Off Mark - February 20, 2021