Scholarship is an important financial aid for students to finance their education, especially in tertiary institutions.
As such, the government of Bayelsa State see it as a priority to fund this citizens in these institutions. If you’re from the state, here’s a chance you won’t want to miss.
We’ve taken the time to go over all you need to know about the Bayelsa State Scholarship 2021 in this post, including eligibility, how to apply, and the paperwork you’ll need to keep in place.
Continue reading as we uncover them sequentially in this write-up.
How to Apply for Bayelsa State Scholarship 2021
The government of Bayelsa State offer a general scholarship program for it citizens, and the application is completed online.
Interested individuals should send their application letter and required documents to [email protected], the board’s official email address.
However, let’s take a peek at these documents required.
Documents Required for the Scholarship Application:
- Your O’Level certificate will be needed. This is a document that certifies that you have completed all of your NECO, WAEC, NABTEB, or GCE are all possibilities.
- Admission letters from JAMB and Schools attended
- Certificate of Origin for Your Local Government Area
- It is important to note: Before being posted, these papers must be scanned and saved in JPEG format with a file size of less than 500kb.
- For a long length of time, you must produce your bank account statement (6 months to 1 year will do). That’s necessary to see whether you are eligible for the need-based scholarship.
- Also, the name on the bank account statement must match the name on the application as well as on all other documents.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Most importantly, candidates must be Bayelsa State indigene.
- Candidates must also have at least 5 credits on their O’ Level certificate, with English Language and Literature being the most important.
- Candidates must demonstrate that they are impoverished and deserving of financial assistance.
- Have five (5) credit grades in WASC/GCE/SSCE, with Mathematics as one of them. In one session, English and three other important topics were gained.
- Full-time students in any of Bayelsa’s state or federal postsecondary schools are eligible to apply.
- For undergraduate student applicants, they must be full-time degree students enrolled in any Polytechnic or University programme in the country.
How to Apply for Bayelsa State Bursary
Bayelsa State Bursary is another student-aid program by the state government.
The following documents must be attached to the online application at the Boards’ website, while applying for the program:
- Photographs from a recent passport
- Admission letter from JAMB or admission letter from a university or polytechnic.
- Result/Certificate for WASC/GCE/SSCE.
- Letter of Identification from the Local Government.
- All documents should be saved in JPEG format and should be less than 500kb.
- Before submitting their application, applicants must provide their bank account information and verify their eligibility.
Please keep in mind that the bank account information you offer must match the educational information you provide, such as your first name, middle name, and surname.
Please send a mail to [email protected] with any further questions.
An Overview of Bayelsa State Scholarship Board
The Bayelsa State Scholarship is a scholarship awarded by the Bayelsa State Government.
Bayelsa State Scholarship Board (BSSB), under the ministry of Education, is launching the 2021 Bursary scheme to provide Bayelsa State undergraduate students with relevant training and learning skills to compete effectively in various professional disciplines as part of our Human Resource Development Initiatives.
The scheme is for undergraduates studying at a recognized polytechnic or university who are sufficiently qualified.
Furthermore, the Bayelsa State Government has developed bursary and scholarship facilities for students from the state in order to produce graduates and human resources who would contribute significantly to the growth of the state’s economy and the country at large.
This scholarship program guarantees that students will be supported throughout their tertiary study. As a result, students from universities, polytechnics, monotechnics, and colleges of education are encouraged to apply for this award.
Who is Eligible for Bayelsa State Scholarship?
Let’s take a gander at the persons eligible for a Bayelsa State Scholarship programs.
Many potential applicants are unaware that they can benefit directly from this scheme both within and outside of the country.
To qualify, all you have to do is be a native of the state. That implies that you should be from any of the ten local government areas in the state.
Is Bayelsa Scholarship Still Available?
Let’s now look at the status of Bayelsa State Scholarships right now.
We’re not sure if the Bayelsa State Government Scholarship is still available based on our own investigation.
As a result, we strongly advise you to be cautious when applying for scholarships on any third-party website (one that is not the official government website); it could be a scam.
Nonetheless, you can stay in touch with us by going through our updates and we’ll keep you up to date on the situation.
Other Scholarships for Bayelsa Students
Meanwhile, while we are unsure of the scholarship’s current availability, you may still apply for the following scholarships.
Scholarships from the oil industry are good options. They include:
- Total Scholarship/NNPC
- Chevron/NNPC Scholarship
- Shell Scholarship
- Seplat Scholarship
- And other…
Aside from the scholarships listed above, there are many more fully-funded local and international scholarships available for Bayelsa students to apply for.
Some of these scholarships by oil companies are intended for students from the host communities, like as Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta, and Cross River.
Nonetheless, there are some that are open to all Nigerians. Go to the Scholarship pages on the blog to learn more.
In conclusion, many students, aspire to study on a scholarship because it has numerous favorable benefits on your academics as well as your whole life.
It alleviates financial and emotional stress, which can keep you from putting out your best effort when studying.
That’s the size of this article on Bayelsa State Scholarships. With the detailed write-up, I believe you now have all the information you require regarding the Bayelsa State Government Scholarship and additional opportunities.
- Honorsociety org Undergraduate Achiever Scholarship 2022 - October 21, 2021
- Ohio War Orphans Scholarship 2022-2023 Application Portal - October 19, 2021
- Chevron Scholarship 2022/2023 Program Application Portal - October 18, 2021